Terms & conditions
5. AccountsA. Account creationIn order to use certain features of the Services, you must register for an account with us ("your Account") and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Site. We may suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with the Terms and Termination.B. Account ResponsibilitiesYou are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use, of your Account or any other breach of security. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.6. Terms Specific to GuestsA. Consent to Receive Emails and SMS MessagingWhen using the Service, Guest consents to receive customized communications from Business via email or SMS messaging to notify Guest concerning wait times. You acknowledge that Quelines has no involvement, control, or liability for the messages received from Business. Business is solely responsible for creating custom messaging to its Guests. Quelines also has no liability or control over Business contacting Guest outside of our platform's messaging Service.B. No Guaranteed Wait TimesAlthough our Services may estimate an approximate wait time, such times are never a guarantee. Quelines makes no representations concerning the accuracy of stated wait times.7. Terms Specific to BusinessesA. Communications with GuestsAll communications with Guests through our platform must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy stated below. Quelines may place restrictions of the number of contacts you can make with a Guest through our platform in association with each Guest entry into the queue. Business acknowledges that it is solely liable for its communications with Guests. Business is prohibited from using customer information from our platform for the purpose of sending marketing communications to Guest that have not expressly agreed to receive such communications or for the purpose of selling such data to third parties. Business agrees to indemnify Quelines for all costs and fees incurred by Quelines in association with any claims made by Guest relating to Businesses communications with Guests or the authorized sale of customer data.B. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)To the extent that Quelines processes any Personal Information as part of Business data that is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"), on Business' behalf, in the provision of the services hereunder, the terms of the Quelines Data Processing Agreement, which are hereby incorporated by reference, shall apply. For Businesses that are located in the European Union or the European Economic Area, the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, attached to the Data Processing Agreement, with Queline app, Inc., which provide adequate safeguards with respect to the personal data processed by us under this Agreement and pursuant to the provisions of our Data Processing Agreement apply. You acknowledge in all cases that Quelines acts as the data processor of Business data and you are the data controller of Business data under applicable data protection regulations in the European Union and European Economic Area. Business will obtain and maintain any required consents necessary to permit the processing of Business Data under this Agreement. If you are subject to the GDPR you understand that if you give an integration provider access to your Quelines account, you serve as the data controller of such information and the integration provider serves as the data processor for the purposes of those data laws and regulations that apply to you. In no case are such integration providers our sub-processors.C. IndemnificationBusiness will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Quelines and each of our respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders and agents and all of their respective successors and permitted assigns (the "Indemnified Parties"), from and against any and all suits, claims, actions, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, interest, penalties, reasonable attorney's' fees and other expenses of litigation) and causes of action of whatsoever kind (collectively referred to as "Claims") which may be incurred by, asserted against, or recoverable from any Indemnified Party arising out of or relating to any negligent or wrongful acts or omissions of any kind of Business or its agents, employees or representatives in the performance or omission of any act or responsibility assumed by Business under this Agreement.8. Business Payment TermsQuelines offers a waitlist management platform for Businesses to efficiently manage Guest wait time. The platform allows Businesses and Guests to communicate through a variety of notification methods and other functional features.A. PricingOur pricing may vary. Please see current pricing for more information. Quelines may add new services for additional fees and charges, add or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in its sole discretion. Any change to our pricing or payment terms will become effective in the billing cycle following notice of such change to you as provided in this Agreement.B. Subscription and BillingCertain aspects of the Services may be provided for a fee, subscription or other charge. If you purchase a subscription from Quelines, the subscription will automatically renew at the end of each billing cycle at which point you will automatically be charged on your anniversary date for the next billing cycle. The length of a billing cycle may vary depending on the type of subscription the User purchases (i.e. monthly, annual). Users may cancel their subscription at any time by going to their account settings. Users will not be issued partial refunds for cancellations that occur in the middle of a billing cycle.C. Payment Information; TaxesAll information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction must be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with a purchase or transaction at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will pay any applicable taxes, if any, relating to any such purchases or transactions.D. Responsibility for PaymentYou are responsible for all fees, including taxes, associated with your use of the Service. You are responsible for providing us with a valid means of payment. User must keep current payment information on file with Quelines and User's account must be adequately funded to pay for any services rendered.E. Payment AuthorizationBy agreeing to these terms, you are giving Quelines permission to charge your on-file credit card, PayPal account, or other approved methods of payment for fees that you authorize Quelines to satisfy.F. Notification of Payment or Non-PaymentWe will email you a receipt when your card has been charged or if a payment fails. If your card cannot be charged your access to Services may be suspended and you will need to update your card information in order to resume use.G. ChargebacksIf you have a dispute concerning any payment transaction, please contact our billing department at info@Quelines.com. If, at any time, you contact your bank or credit card company to reject the charge of any payable Fees ("Chargeback"), this act will be considered a breach of your payment obligations, and we reserve the right to automatically terminate your use of the Services. We reserve the right to dispute any Chargeback and take all reasonable action to authorize the transaction. In the event of a Chargeback, your User Account may be terminated and any files, data, or content contained in your Account may be subject to cancellation. Quelines will not be liable for any loss of files, data or content as a result of a Chargeback. In order to resume use of the Services, you must re-subscribe for the Services and pay all applicable fees for the Service as well as any fees incurred by us or our payment processor as a result of the Chargeback.
9. Rights and LicensesA. License to Use Site/Mobile AppLicense to Use Site/Mobile App We grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, right to access and use the Services for your personal use.B. Certain RestrictionsThe rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you will not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Services; (b) you will not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Services; (c) you will not access the Services in order to build a similar or competitive service; and (d) except as expressly stated in these terms, no part of the Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Services will be subject to the terms of this Agreement. All copyright and other proprietary notices on any Services content must be retained on all copies.C. ModificationWe reserve the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services, except and if otherwise expressly set forth in these Terms.D. No Support or MaintenanceYou acknowledge and agree that we will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Services.E. Ownership of the ServicesExcluding your User Content (defined below), you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Services, including the Site and Mobile App, are owned by us or our licensors. The provision of the Services does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to the intellectual property rights. We reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
11. Links to Other Sites and/or MaterialsA. Third Party Sites, Ads and Ad NetworkAs part of the Service, we may provide you with convenient links to third party website(s) ("Third Party Sites") as well as content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the "Third Party Applications, Software or Content"). Users may also include links to their website or other Third Party Sites on their listings. These links are provided as a courtesy to Service subscribers. We have no control over Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content or the promotions, materials, information, goods or services available on these Third Party Sites or Third Party Applications, Software or Content. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the site.B. Links to Our SiteYou are permitted to link to our Site for non-commercial purposes, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation. You may not link to our Site in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent. You may not deep-link to any page of this site for any purpose whatsoever unless the link is expressly authorized in writing by us. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.D. ReleaseYou release and forever discharge us (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injury, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Service users or Third Party Sites & Ads. IF YOU ARE A QUEBEC RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE QUEBEC CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.".
12. Compliance with Applicable LawsYou must use the Services in a lawful manner, and must obey all laws, rules, and regulations ("Laws") applicable to your use of the Service. As applicable, this may include compliance with domestic and international Laws related to notification and consumer protection, unfair competition, privacy, and false advertising, and any other relevant Laws.
13. DisclaimersTHE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE SITE AND MOBILE APP, ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF BUSINESSES ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES: (a) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (b) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (c) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE OR (d) THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE TO YOUR SATISFACTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. Limitation on LiabilityIN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, BUSINESS OPERATIONS, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. IN NO EVENT WILL Quelines'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU'VE PAID Quelines IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Term and TerminationSubject to this Section, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. We may (a) suspend your rights to use the Site, Mobile App and/or Services (including your Account) or (b) terminate this Agreement, at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Services in violation of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, your Account and right to access and use the Services will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account involves deletion of your User Content from our live databases. We will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of this Agreement, including for termination of your Account or deletion of your User Content. Upon termination of this Agreement, all of the provisions will terminate except those that by their nature should survive.
16. Copyright PolicyWe respect the intellectual property of others and ask that users of our Site, Mobile App and Services do the same. In connection with our Site, Mobile App, and Services and in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act's ("DMCA"), we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright laws that provide for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our online Services who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Services, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent: * • your physical or electronic signature; * • identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed; * • identification of the material on our Services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove; * • sufficient information to permit us to locate such material; * • your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; * • a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and * • a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney's fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement. Our designated Copyright Agent is: Queline app, Inc. Attn: Privacy Officer Address: 1280 Rue Saint-Jacques Montreal, H3C 0G1 Canada Email: info@Quelines.com
17. Legal DisputesPLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS AND WILL HAVE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPACT ON HOW CLAIMS YOU AND Quelines HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED. You and Quelines agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise between us relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of our Terms of Service Agreement, your use of or access to the Services, or any products or services sold or purchased through the Services, will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Legal Disputes Section.A. Choice of LawThis Agreement is made under and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Quebec, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction.B. Claim LimitationsYou agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.C. Agreement to ArbitrateYou and Quelines each agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and Quelines relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of the Terms of Service Agreement, your use of or access to Quelines 's Services, or any products or services sold, offered, or purchased through our Services will be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court. Alternatively, you may assert your claims in small claims court in Montreal, Quebec, if your claims qualify and so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement to Arbitrate. The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS Arbitration ("JAMS") under its applicable rules and procedures, as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The arbitration will be conducted before one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes. The forum will be located in Montreal, Quebec. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator and not a judge or jury. You understand that arbitration procedures can be more limited than rules applicable in court. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to very limited review in court. You and we must abide by the following rules: (a) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR US MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (b) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF, (c) the arbitrator will honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law; (d) the arbitration will be confidential, and neither you nor we may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award; (e) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and (f) each side pays its own attorneys' fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees and litigation expenses, and then in such instance, the fees and costs awarded will be determined by the applicable law. With the exception of subparts (a) and (b) in the paragraph above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures, then the balance of this arbitration provision will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, either subpart (a) or (b) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision will be null and void, and neither you nor we will be entitled to arbitration. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the dispute will be exclusively brought in state or federal court in Montreal, Quebec.18. Legal DisputesA. Changes to AgreementThis Agreement is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any) and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. Any significant changes to this Agreement will be effective 30 days after posting such notice. You are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Continued use of our Site, Mobile App or Services following notice of such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.B. Copyright/Trademark InformationCopyright © 2021 Quelines. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks. Contact Information: Queline app, Inc Email: info@Quelines.com Last Updated: 2021-03-24